Friday, August 18, 2006

Life is short

I just got some bad news about a coworker we haven't seen in a week. His Sister-In-Law died in a car accident last week, in the vehicle driven by her husband, with both their kids (8 and 12 yo boys) in the back seat (everyone else survived ok). As if that wasn't tragic enough, the other SIL died of a heart attack this week. Both women were in their late 30's... I just can't imagine how terribly devastating this must be. No word can describe the giant pit in my stomach as I've been thinking about this, and I didn't even know them. It's a pretty close-knit family, so they must all just be beside themselves. I can't even fathom the parents having to deal with losing two daughters in the span of a week! We're all sending positive thoughts and vibes to the family...

A grim reminder to live our lives fully, cause we don't know the day or the hour...

Mournfully,

No comments: