Thursday, August 17, 2006

Just a quick update

I've been meaning to post for a while, but can't seem to get around to actually doing it. Probably because I have no new pictures to post... My friend A (no, not the one whose wedding we went to on the weekend before last) had a baby girl on Monday. Quite exciting, I can't wait to get some more news about it. They now live in Quebec city, so I am hoping to go visit quickly on our next trip down east. I'm not quite sure about the little girl's name or any other specifics, should get them from my Mom tonight (she was supposed to talk to A's mom last night :)).

Aside from that, not much is new. Many people at work have gone on vacation, leaving me to take care of our area, which is pretty cool. Things are pretty slow (MANY people are on vacation), so it's not like I am swamped. But busy enough, trying to catch up on work that's been piling up during the busier months. I am also taking advantage of the lull by helping the new employees in our group, explaining things that they may not have had the chance to work with yet. I really like that part of my job, though it can seem thankless at times. I have the feeling many people don't realize how critical it is to prepare before trying to explain things to someone. Especially someone completely new in the area. We take so much for granted, and if we don't start the explanation with the totally basic assumptions, and skip some steps, we can confuse people much more than help. So I do find it challenging (in a good way) to try to come up with the right level of complexity in my explanations... It's fun, especially when I feel like I have the time to prepare and/or take my time presenting the information.

When it comes to the kittens, they are getting more adventurous every day. They don't always sleep on our decks at night, they seem to do a lot of hunting. They seem to be getting ready to move over to the neighbour's barn, as we're seeing them explore the areas in between our yards. It's good that they're getting ready to move on, but it's making me sad to think that very soon, we won't be seeing them everyday anymore. I got attached to the little furballs :) Though they're still quite wild, and not too crazy about being picked up.

Better get back to work!

Later!

No comments: