Sunday, April 15, 2007

Gotta get high speed...

I haven't been writing here nearly as much as I would like to. I keep thinking of great subjects to blog about, things to ponder, and it seems like I never have enough time. But then tonight I realized, that if we actually had decent internet access at home, I wouldn't mind spending a few minutes online every evening or so. You see, only having dial-up makes the internet experience so frustrating, by the time I am connected, and I've checked my email, it's been half an hour, and I am tired of sitting and waiting for pages to load (which, BTW is a lot worse with Yahoo! than Gmail), I am in no mood to blog.

Tonight I happen to be staying at my parent's place, who have a high-speed connection, and I decided to do a quick email check (despite the late hour), and realized I could take a few minutes and write a quick note here. Something I can't really do on dial-up without a big time investment.

Lucky for me, the city of Ottawa is rolling out a project that will make high-speed internet accessible for anyone living within the city limits. So I have high hopes that some time this year we will get access to high-speed internet (without the crazy restrictions, and even crazier prices of satellite internet). And then, watch out! I'll be blogging every day :)

But now it's time to head for bed. It's been a long day, and I want to get up early tomorrow morning to head home.

Goodnight!

No comments: