Sunday, February 11, 2007

Another weekend over...

Where does the time go? We had another super busy weekend. Friday night I babysat our friends' twin girls - soooo cute!!!! Had a lot of fun with the little tykes, they're getting so big, and so independant. And they're starting to say some words! It was my first time alone with the girls, and it went very well. I was introduced to the delicious snack of goldfish (yummy), interspersed with raisins :)

On Saturday we went over to a friend's place for an evening of card playing (the distinguished game of a$$h@le), and that ended pretty late. And this morning I had brunch with a few friends. In between all this socializing, we managed to do some more cleanup in the house, emptying out the closed in one of the guest rooms, using the handy new wardrobes that we have installed in the basement. So we now have a nice clean and uncluttered room, which is really good, as we haven't been able to use it much lately...

Here's a shot of the aligned wardrobes:


And now it's the end of the weekend again... I wish I could say I'm ready for another work week, but I think I could use an extra night of sleep ;)

As promised a few weeks ago, here's a shot of the latest basement renovations: notice the post cover, complete with the baseboard covers on the bottom, as well as the baseboards and quarter rounds at the bottom of all the walls:



Before I sign off, I'd like to recommend a movie we saw last week: Pan's Labirynth. It's a spanish movie released last year that's making the rounds in local theatres. It's pretty gory at times, we both looked away during a few scenes, but overall it's a great movie. Wonderful fantasy sequences, juxtaposed with civil war era Spain, it is beautifully filmed, with great acting. Hollywood quality production, with independent quality narrative. Highly recommended!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: