Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday blues...

Sigh... It's Friday, and you would think that is a good thing (what with the weekend being just around the corner and all). Instead, I seem to be all gloomy...

In our Yoga class, our instructor always asks us at the end to think of "the biggest, most profound quality" that we posess. We do this every session, twice a week, and usually I can come up with something (and it's not always the same quality). Today, I just drew a blank. For the first time in a year of yoga classes. I mean, I can think of qualities, maybe even come up with a most important one, but "profound"? I couldn't think of anything that I would qualify as profound...

Maybe I'm taking this a little too seriously (probably). Maybe I am still getting over my so-so performance review yesterday (very likely) - well, it's not like it was bad, just not as good as it could have been I suppose. Maybe I just need a swift kick in the behind so I get over myself (definitely!). Being depressed is definitely no fun :(

On the plus side, we're going over to a coworker's house tomorrow afternoon for a party. The Christmas related festivities are starting early this year :) That promises to be lots of fun, and it should at least get my off my gloomy couch...

Later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a great person and have tons of wonderful qualities! But, honestly, I'm trying to think what a "profound quality" really means... it doesn't make any sense to me. Thank God I'm not in your Yoga class or that question would haunt me every class: "what is a profound quality?"

Btw, if your evaluation wasn't as great as you would have liked, it's probably because you're working on a project that you're not enjoying... and that's your boss's fault, not yours ;-)

MC said...

You know, I think this is going to bug me in every yoga class from now on... Maybe I'll ask the instructor for clarifications on this "profound" quality :)

Thanks for the comments, and the encouragement!!!!!

MC