Friday, November 30, 2007

Last pre-natal class

Last night was our last pre-natal class. I'm a bit surprised at how wistful I got thinking that it was the final class. I will miss seeing the other couples, and the instructors, and the plastic baby dolls they made us use for practice. It's hard to believe that 6 weeks have already gone by since we started the classes. It seemed like such a long time when I first registered us...

Last night we were all given a little baby doll for breastfeeding practice (even the guys, I guess so that they wouldn't feel left out). I have to say, DH looked really sweet with the tiny little baby girl snuggled up against him. I know I am biaised, but I think he looked the best of all the dads-to-be there. He's the only one of the group that I would entrust with my baby :) Ok, there was one other guy that looked like he was bonding well with his baby doll - maybe I'd let him hold my newborn for a few minutes...

Of course if you told DH I said that, I'm sure he would deny the whole thing. So we'll have to keep it just between us :)

1 comment:

K said...

"Keep it between us" - ha! Not a chance! Just kidding. Mums the word.

Although I know your DH will be good with your little one. He's a natural, I think. Even if he doesn't see it (which I'm guessing he doesn't).

Can't wait until you both have a breathing little one to hold, rather than the little baby doll. Although I hope your live little one cooperates (and sleeps!) as well as the little doll does.